Car Theft Ring - UPDATE
Investigators from the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office have made the following arrests of individuals that are believed to be related to a Burglary and Car Theft Ring:
1. Michael Alan Ford of 101 Ridgecrest Dr., Fountain Inn, SC has been charged with Failure to stop for Blue Lights, Driving Under Suspension and Possession/Receiving Stolen Goods.
2. Jerry Wayne Johnson Jr., (a.k.a.-JR) of 664 Baynes Creek Road, Gray Court, SC, has been charged with Providing False Information to Police, Unlawful Possession of a Schedule IV Narcotic, Possession of Marijuana and Possession/Receiving Stolen Goods.
3. Ricky Jay Owens Jr., (a.k.a.-RJ) of 16 Mountain View Dr., Gray Court, SC, has been charged with Grand Larceny.
4. Robert Paul Maes, of 511 Miracle Drive, Laurens, SC, has been charged with Grand Larceny, Possession/Receiving Stolen Goods, Pointing and Presenting a Firearm, Unlawful carrying of a Firearm, Malicious Damage to Property, Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor and Possession of Methamphetamine.
5. Also arrested were (2) juveniles ages 15 and 16 years of age. Both of these individuals were transported to the Department of Juvenile Justice.
From the arrests, Investigators were able to recover a 2010 Chevrolet Impala, a 1995 Ford F-150 pickup stolen from Simpsonville, a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado, a 2011 Ford F-150 pickup, a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis stolen from Simpsonville and a 2004 Suzuki F4 motorcycle. All the listed individuals, except for the 2 juveniles, are currently detained at the Laurens County Johnson Detention Center. This investigation remains active with more arrests possible.
Michael Alan Ford
Jerry Wayne Johnson, Jr.
Ricky Jay Owens, Jr.
Robert Paul Maes